Under the sweet sausage is favoured rice, this is a typical farmers lunch, wrapped in banana leaves, steamed, and taken into the field to eat when they are hungry. The Thai sweet sausage you buy in Asian grocers in packs, its a very famous style of almost candied pork and if often used in spicy dishes to balance the spice.
250 gms Cooked Fragrant Rice
1 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
Salty Egg Yolk
Sweet Thai Sausage
1. Clean and dry the banana leaves then cut it into 8x10cm pieces, fold up the edges and staple to form a gartong. This should fit in your steamer, so check its size.
2. Mix fragrant rice with light and dark soy, and sesame seed oil.
3. Spoon the rice into the gartong, slice the sweet sausage and layer over the top.
4. Take the yolk of a raw salty egg and place it in the middle.
5. Steam the whole package for 10 minutes, this will cook the egg and warm the rice. Finished!