Do you have 1 type of bread? Do Italians have one type of pasta? Well Thais have many different types of stir-fried rice! This rice dish is a type of stir-fried rice made with lemon grass and dried small shrimp. Stir-fry rice is a great way to use up left over cooked rice.
Ingredients for 4 People
350 gms Precooked Fragrant Rice
100 gms Pork
20 gms Dried Shrimp
40 gms Spring Onion
40 gms Coriander Leaves
40 gms Lemon Grass
40 gms Carrots
40 gms Sliced Ginger Root
40 gms Corn
4 Kaffir Citrus Leaves
1 Teaspoon White Pepper
3 Tablspoons Light Soy Sauce
3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1 Teaspoon Sugar
4 Tablespoons Oil
1. Clean the pork and chop it very finely.
2. Put the oil into the pan then fry the pork with the dried shrimp for 1 minute.
3. Chop the carrots, spring onion, coriander, lemon grass, and ginger root into tiny piece.
4. Add all these chopped vegetables, the corn and the rice to the pan and fry them with the pork.
5. Add the light soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and pepper and fry for an extra 2 minutes.
6. When serving the rice, garnish it with finely sliced Kaffir leaves.