A common rice dish with rice well cooked so that it is soft and soaks up all the flavours from the rest of the ingredients. You could almost call it 'mushy'. ;-)
250 gms Fragrant Rice
4 Shitake Mushrooms
20 gms Champignon
50 gms Pork
10 gms Cashewnuts
2 Garlic Cloves
10 gms Chopped Onions
1 Tablespoon Oil
2 Tablespoons Chinese Sake (or Chinese Whiskey)
2-3 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
1. Slice the shitake mushrooms finely. If they are dried, soak them for 30 minutes first.
2. Chop the pork and garlic and fry in oil over a medium heat until the pork is cooked.
3. Add the chopped onion, sliced shitake mushrooms, cashew nuts, champignon, sake, light soy sauce and dark soy sauce.
4. Fry and stir for 30 more seconds to mix.
5. Place in a bowl and steam for 10 minutes to make the rice softer, remove and garnish with basil.