This is more about presentation than ingredients. It is a tulip garden made from colored quail eggs & cucumber on a plate of golden rice. The rice is flavored with Ketchup, Oyster sauce and Maggi Sauce - the German made savory sauce that is popular in Thailand.
200 gms Thai Fragrant Rice Precooked
2 Tablespoons Ketchup
2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
2 Tablespoons Maggi Sauce
1/3 Teaspoon White Pepper
2 Tablespoons Oil
2 Garlic Cloves
2-4 Quail Eggs
3 Slices Lemon
1. Boil the quails eggs in their shells for 5 minutes, then remove the shells and coat them in food colouring.
2. Chop the garlic cloves into small pieces, fry in hot oil for a few seconds to release the garlic smell.
3. Add the cooked fragrant rice, ketchup, oyster sauce, Maggi sauce and white pepper. Fry and mix together for 2 minutes.
4. Place the rice in a plate.
5. Slice the cucumber, for the grass I use round flat circles of cucumber, for the stems and leaves I use cucumber sticks. For the sun I use slices of lemon and the tulip flowers are the coloured quails eggs.