Another Japanese influence, these salmon and rice rolls served with wasabi are made with Thai fragrant rice rather than sushi rice and is all the better for it! We like things spicy in Thailand, and so I've put some extra wasabi in the rice.
150 gms Salmon
1 Teaspoon Salt
3 Teaspoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Vinegar
250 gms Cooked Fragrant Rice
1. Mix fragrant rice, salt, sugar, and vinegar together and leave in the fridge while you cook the rest.
2. Fry the salmon until cooked, then mince the flesh.
3. Lay a sheet of seaweed paper on a sushi matt. If you don't have a sushi mat, a cloth or plastic bag can be used.
4. Spread on a thin layer of rice, the a little wasabi, then a thin layer of salmon.
5. Roll it up, use the sushi mat to pull it tight together.
6. Leave it rolled up in the fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Dip a sharp knife in water, then use it to cut the roll into slices.
Soy Sauce and Wasabi