More use of my traditional pot with this recipe. This is a slow cooked rice and pork dish, that couldn't be simpler to make. I cook this on a raised stone platform over the fire (the candles in the photograph are just to make the photo more interesting!) but you can also just make this in a rice cooker.
50 gms Fragrant Rice
50 gms Red Rice
100 gms Pork Three Layers (Mat+Fat+Skin)
1/2 Teaspoon With Pepper
5 gms Dried Chillies
2 Teaspoons Shrimp Paste
6 Garlic Cloves
6 Small Red Onions
4 Tablespoons Coconut Milk
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Sugar
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1 Tablespoon Oil
1. Slice the pork and fry till browned and cooked through.
2. Put all the ingredients except the two types of rice, together in a blender and blend until fine.
3. Add this to the pork and fry this for 10 seconds just to release some flavour, add the rice and mix together, then transfer the whole thing to the pot.
4. Pour enough water into the pot so that there is 2cms layer of water above the rice.
5. Cover and put on the stove until the rice has absorbed all the water and cooked through. The water should boil, the rice will cook through and all the flavours be absorbed by the rice.
6. Obviously if you're using a rice cooker, you transfer the ingredients into the cooker instead of the pot, add the water and let the rice cooker do it's job.