Spicy spicy rice & crunchy crunchy pork make for a delicious delicious combination. Yum dishes are typically spicy salads, here it's mixed into rice to make the rice spicy and I've poured some over the top for extra effect.
250 gms Fragrant Rice
2 Small Red Onions ( Chopped )
5 Bird Chillies ( Chopped )
2 Garlic Cloves ( Chopped )
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
1 Tablespoon Palm Sugar Syrup
20 gms Sliced Carrot
300 gms Pork Three Layers (With meat+fat+rind)
3 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon White Pepper
1. Slice the three layer pork into small pieces. Place in a frying pan with light soy sauce and white pepper.
2. Shallow fry in oil over a medium heat until the pork is crunchy, then drain and set aside - this is the crunchy part of this dish.
3. For the yum sauce, mix chopped red onion, chillies, chopped garlic, fish sauce, lime juice and the palm syrup together.
4. Cook the rice, then, mix the yum sauce with the cooked rice.
5. You have two choices, you can either mix the crunchy pork in aswell, or as I've done for the photograph, lay it out next to the rice.