Prawns and broccoli in a red curry sauce, in the photograph you can see I like to present the prawns arranged in a pattern with the head and tail of the shell still on. For this recipe you will need Garchai (Kasay, Kachai - the spelling varies), a thai root vegetable used for flavourings. If you can't find it, then you can omit it.
50 gms Broccoli
50 gms Prawn
2 Tablespoons Red Curry Paste
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 Tablespoon Chopped Garchai
1 Tablespoon Chopped Kaffir Leaves
1. Clean the prawns, cut down the back and remove the black thread. I like to leave the head and tail shell on.
2. Clean and soak the broccoli in hot water for a few seconds.
3. Put oil into a frying pan and preheat.
4. Add the prawns and fry until they are half cooked, then add the red curry paste and fry for a few seconds to release the curry flavours.
5. Add all the other ingredients and fry for a minute.
6. Add the broccoli and just warm it through, it does not need to be cooked.
Thai Fragrant Rice