The sweetcorn in this recipe gives the shrimp loaf some structural stability! Without it, the steamed shrimp loaf has a tendancy to flatten while cooking. This dish is ideal as a table filler at a banquet, if you have some star dishes that are made from shrimp, it's a useful way to use up shrimp trimmings.
100 gms Shrimp
3 Tablespoons Cassava Starch
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
20 gms Corn
20 gms Chopped Carrots
20 gms Peas
1. Clean the shrimps, cut down the back and remove the black line, remove and discard all the shell.
2. Into a blender, place the shrimp, peeled garlic, white pepper, salt, cassava starch and light soy sauce.
3. Blend to a medium smooth mixture.
4. Take lumps of this mixture and squeeze it around the baby corn. Place in a plate small enough to go in your steamer.
5. Dice the carrots, and sprinkle some corn, carrots and peas over the top.
6. Steam for 10 minutes.
7. Pour a little more soy sauce over the top and serve.