This dish is fried squid & garlic onions shoots on a bed of fried salty egg yolks. This is just like the sea: saltiness with a fish taste.
4 Salted Eggs (Yolks Only)
150 gms Squid (Calamari)
2 Tablespoons Sliced Onions
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Tablespoon Shrimp Oil
2 Tablespoons Oil
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
Coriander Leaves to Garnish
1. Clean and chop the calamari into bite sized pieces.
2. Put oil into a frying pan, over a meduim heat. When the oil is hot, take just the yolk of the salty eggs and fry until half cooked, break up the egg yolks as you cook them, just like scrambled eggs.
3. Add the calamari to the pan and fry it for a few seconds more until cooked. Remove from the pan and place on a serving dish, keep the pan ready to reuse to make the sauce.
4. Chop the garlic and put into the pan, fry for a few seconds to release the smell.
5. Add the fish sauce, sugar, shrimp oil, sliced onion and black pepper and fried for 1 minute
6. Pour this sauce over the calamari and egg mix before serving.
Thai Fragrant Rice