This dish is a different way to eat oysters, they are cooked in a sticky sauce together with fresh mushrooms. If you use fresh oysters, when you remove them from the shell, empty the liquid into the pan. If you use canned or frozen, drain off the liquid instead. The liquid from a fresh oyster carries extra flavours into the dish.
When serving this, it is normal to serve this on a steel hotplate with candles underneath to keep it good and hot.
Ingredients for 2 People
50 gms Oysters
30 gms Assorted Mushrooms
2 Tablespoons Rice Flour
1/2 Tablespoon Cassava Starch
50 ml Water
4 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Sugar
3 Garlic Cloves
2 Tablespoons Chopped Spring Onion
2 Tablespoon Oil
Stainless Steel Hot Plate
1. Mix the flour and starch together with water.
2. Mix the egg with the oysters and mushroom together.
3. Chop the garlic and fry into the pan to release the garlic smell.
4. Add the mushrooms and oysters and mix in the flour/water mixture into the pan. Stir to avoid lumps forming.
5. Add light soy sauce, sugar, white pepper, and spring onions and fry for 30 secound.
6. Serve on a stainless steel plate, over a heater.
Flaked Dried Chilli