This dish looks like a salsa but is actually a meat accompaniment to rice. It is a thick course mince sauce with a strong tomato flavor and lots of spice. The measurements here are for a medium hot dish. Serve it in a shared dish together with Thai rice, your guests should take some of the sauce and mix it into the rice on their plate and eat the rice. This has the effect of diluting the hotness, so don't be too worried about making it spicy!
Ingredients for 2 people
100 gms Pork Mince
2 Medium Sized Tomatoes
5 Cherry Tomatoes
1 Onion head
30 gms Garlic
20 gms Coriander Leaves
1 Tablespoon Chilli Powder
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Kapi Paste
1 Teaspoon Sour Curry Paste
1 Teaspoon Chilli Paste
3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Tamarind Water
3 Tablespoons Oil
1. Put the garlic, onion, chilli powder, kapi paste, sour curry paste, chilli paste into a blender, blend it to a paste and set it aside.
2. Blend the medium tomatoes to pulp and set them aside.
3. Put the oil in a frying pan and turn heat on medium.
4. When the oil hot add the pork mince and cook until the mince is brown.
5. Add the paste of spices you blended earlier and continue frying the mix for a minute to release the flavours.
6. Add the tomato pulp you blended earlier and cook until the tomatoes are cooked into the sauce.
7. Add the fish sauce, sugar, salt, chilli paste, tamarind water, and cook it for 1 minute.
8. Switch the heat off, add the cherry tomatoes.
9. Serve in a bowl with a sprig of coriander leaves.