The black fried century eggs make this quite a stunning looking plate, but the eggs are not the main taste, the spicy chicken is. Eat this as a side dish to Thai rice, served with Thai sweet basil leaves.
Ingredients for 2 People
2 Century Eggs
70 gms Chicken Breast
5 Bird Chillies
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
2 Tablespoons Oil
10 gms Thai Basil
1. Peel and chop the century eggs into quarters as in the photograph.
2. Put the oil into the pan over a medium heat and fry the eggs pieces, turning them so they are cooked on all sides. Then set them aside on a plate.
3. Mince the chicken into a fine mince.
4. Chop the garlic and chillies together and put into the pan with the hot oil, and fry until the garlic begins to smell.
5. Add the minced chicken, put into the frying pan it with garlic and chillies and fry until the chicken is completely cooked.
6. Add the fish suauce, light soy sauce, sugar, oyster sauce and basil and stir fry for 30 second.
7. Serve with the century egg garnish.
Chillies in Fish Sauce
Thai Fragrant Rice