The eggs should form a fine mesh around the filling, but try as hard as I could, I couldn't get it looking as good as the master chefs of Thailand can, when they make this dish for the King.
400 Pork Mince with Fat
50 gms Shrimp Mince
50 gms Chopped Onions
2 Garlic Cloves
10 gms Coriander Root
1/3 Teaspoon Black Peppercorns
3 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Sugar
A Little Oil
20 gms Coriander Leaves Chopped
5 Big Red Chillies Sliced
1. Pound the garlic, coriander root and peppercorns together in a Thai mortar until they are finely ground.
2. Put a little oil in a frying pan, and preheat over a medium heat burner.
3. Fry the pounded garlic mixture in the oil for 5 seconds just to release the flavour.
4. Add the pork mince, shrimp mince, and sugar and fry for 1 minute until cooked.
5. Whip the eggs until frothy, put a flat frying pan over a low heat and add a little oil, then take off the heat.
6. For this we want to spread the mixture in lines, I used a spatula with 5 prongs. I dipped it in the eggs and drew the spatula across the pan to form 5 lines, then the other way to make a mesh. You can also you your fingers if the pan isn't too hot.
7. Cook very slowly and carefully.
8. Chop the coriander leaves and red chillies finely and mix into the pork.
9. Spoon the pork onto the mesh and fold over the edges to form a parcel.