Another way to serve duck, this dish is made from cucumber rolled up with duck meat and the sauce (made with lemon juice, chilli and garlic) adds bite to the flavours. For this you will need duck breast to form flat slices needed to roll, duck leg won't work.
400 gms Duck Breast
1 Tablespoon Thai Teriyaki Powder
40 gms Cucumber
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon Dried Flaked Chillies
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
3 Tablespoons Water
1 Teaspoon Ground Toasted Sticky Rice
Toothpicks to skewer the rolls with.
1. Mix teriyaki powder with a little water, clean the duck and marinade it in the mix for at least 2 hours.
2. Grill The duck breast in the oven until it is not quite cooked. You will cook it again later and so it's important not to overcook it.
3. Slice the duck into thin slices.
4. Peel and chop the cucumber to 4x5 cm batons roll the duck around the cucumber and skewer it with a toothpick to hold it in place.
5. Dry fry these in a frying pan for 5 minutes turning them over to cook on both sides, remove from the pan and set aside.
6. Chop the garlic and in the frying pan mix it with the fish sauce, flaked chillies, lemon juice, water, and toasted rice. Fry for a minute to soften the garlic, it it becomes too dry add a little water.
7. Serve the rolls on a plate, covered with the sauce, and garnished with mint leaves or coriander leaves.
Thai Fragrant Rice or Sticky Rice