This dish is a spicy meat side dish normally eaten with sticky rice. It is chunky, making it ideal to eat with your fingers. In Thailand as with many cultures, there are many dishes you eat with your hands. Ensure you clean your hand thoroughly, take a chunk of sticky rice, and, using the sticky rice to cover your fingers, grab a chunk of the minced pork, then eat.
Ingredients for Family
400 gms Pork Mince
20 gms Fresh Red Chill
2 Tablespoons Flaked Dried Chilli
5 Kaffir Citrus Leaves
10 gms Coriander Leaves
10 gms Spring Onion
4 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1 Tablespoon Toasted Rice
2 Tablespoon Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons Water
10 gms Fresh Mint
1. Put the pork mince into a frying pan.
2. Slice the citrus leaves into small pieces, add to the frying pan.
3. Chop spring onions, fresh chillies and coriander and add to the pan.
4. Add fish sauce, lime juice, flaked chillis, toasted sticky rice and water to the pan.
5. Turn the heat on high and fry it until the pork is cooked.
6. Serve garnished with the mint.
Steamed Sticky Rice
Salad vegetables like Lettuce, Cucumber, Long bean or Cabbage.