Onions are often overlooked as a vegetable. Here we have a wonderful dish of stuffed onions, all the flavour of the red onions is kept in the dish and the onion served to keep the stuffing moist. Serve either as a starter or as a side dish with soup.
5 Large Onions
40 gms Pork Mince
2 Tablespoons Chopped Onion
2 Tablespoons Chopped Carrots
3 Garlic Cloves
1/4 White Pepper
4 Light Soy Sauce
1/3 Tespoons Sugar
1 Tablespoon Ketchup
2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
2 Tablespoons Oil
1. Scoop out the centre of the onion to make a hollow bowl shape. Leave two or three layers of onion on the outside.
2. Place the hollow onions in boiling water and boil for 3 minutes.
3. Mix the pork mince with the carrot, onion, white pepper, salt, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, garlic, sugar and ketchup.
4. Fry the mixture until cooked.
5. Stuff the onions with the cooked filling mixture and place in a hot oven for 10 minutes to brown them off.
Chopped Spring Onion