These flowers are another type of these savoury dumpling. This one has a filling made from yellow mung beans.
Ingredients for Filling
50 gms Yellow Mung Beans
150 gms Pork Mince
10 Sesame Seed
5 gms Coriander Root
1/2 Teaspoon Peppecorns
2 Garlic Cloves
3 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
Ingredients for Rose
240 gms Rice Flour
2 Tablespoons Sticky Rice Flour
3/4 Coconut Milk
2 Drop Blue Coloring
1 Drop Red Coloring
1. Soak the yellow bean in the water for 8 hours.
2. Drain and steam them for 15-20 minutes to cook them. I place them on foil in my steamer to cook them.
3. Blend the beans to a fine pulp.
4. Pound garlic, peppercorns, coriander root and mix with the pork mince.
5. Fry the pork mixture, add the light soy sauce, and sugar and continue frying until it is cooked.
6. Mix the fried pork, with the bean pulp.
7. Make balls of the mixture, about 2cms in diameter. You should be able to get about 20 balls from that mixture.
8. In a saucepan, mix the rice flour and sticky rice flour together, add the coconut milk, and water and food coloring.
9. Heat the pan, and stir until the flour mixture thickens, then turn the heat down and continue cooking it slowly stirring all the time. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
10. Make 20 balls of this dough, one for each of the bean balls.
11. Flatten a ball in your hand to form a disc, place a bean ball in the middle, fold up the edges to wrap around the bean ball and press the edges together to seal them.
12. Now use the same technique from here to make the flowers. Use flat tongs to make a triangle, then work outwards pressing out leaves with the tongs. Each leaf spirals down the edge of the ball.