This is similar to a 'Dim Sum' recipe (chinese snack food). Asian countries influence each other and it's typical to find variations of Lao, Chinese, Khmer and Vietnamese food in Thailand and Thai food in the recipes of its neighbours. These ingredients will make approximately 15 buns/dumplings. You can freeze the bun, simply steam them first, then freeze them, steam them again just before eating.
Ingredient for Dough
300 gms Wheat Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons Fresh Yeast
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Oil
240 ml Water
Grease Proof Paper
Ingredient for the Filling
Use corn starch if you can't find cassava starch. Omit the salty egg if you do not have boiled salty egg already prepared.
200 gms Pork Mince
1/2 Green Pepper
5 Garlic Cloves
2 Shitake Mushroom
1 Hard Boiled Salty egg
30 gms Coriander Leaves
1 Tablespoon Cassava Starch
2 Tablespoon Oyster sauce
Preparation for the Dough
1. Put the water, oil, sugar and salt together in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Add the yeast to wheat and mix, pour in the liquid from step 1.
3. Knead the mixture into a dough.
4. Cover with moist kitchen roll.
4. Leave for 30 minutes at room temperature to rise.
Preparation for the Filling
1. Pound the garlic and peppercorn together in a mortar.
2. If the shitake mushrooms are dried, soak them in water for 5-10 minutes.
3. Chop the shitaka mushroom, green pepper, onion and coriander, into fine pieces, add the pork mince, the pounded ingredients from stage 1, the oyster sauce, egg, chopped boiled salty egg, and mix.
4. Dissolve the cassava starch with 2 tablespoon of water and add into the mixture.
1. Cut the dough into 30 gm pieces.
2. Cut the grease proof paper into squares.
3. Roll each piece of dough flat. You can add a little oil to the rolling pin if the dough sticks.
4. Put a teaspoon of the filling in the middle and fold the dough over to form a parcel.
5. Press the edges together and tuck the seam under the parcel to form a small 'bun' shape.
6. Place each dumpling onto a square of greese proof paper.
7. Steam for 8-10 minutes in a Chinese steamer.
Serve it hot or cold. For extra flavour you can create a dipping sauce of light soy sauce, chopped chillis and vinegar.