These balls are a doughy fried snack with a slightly sweet taste. It's quite tricky to get the deep fat frying oil the right temperature to match the size of the ball you're making. Too hot and the outside will burn before the inside gets cooked. Too cold and they soak up oil. The best way to strike a balance is to heat the oil to 170 degrees Celsius, try frying a practice ball until it's brown, then cut it open to see if it's cooked!
150 gms Wheat Flour
1 Egg White
50 gms Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teapsoon Baking Soda (Raising agent Soda + Citric Acid)
1 Tablespoon Water
1 Tablespoon Pork Oil (Pork Lard)
1. Sift the flour, with the baking soda (use a packet raising agent, it normally also has citric acid in it) and salt.
2. Mix in the pork lard.
3. Whisk the egg white until frothy then mix with the sugar.
4. Add the egg white & sugar mix, together with the water to the flour.
5. Mix it to a soft dough which will froth due to the baking soda.
6. Heat the oil to 170 degrees Celsius.
7. Leave the dough for 5 minutes till expand.
8. Oil your fingers with a little cold vegetable oil, take a little of the dough in your hand and roll into a ball and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
9. Drop it into the oil, you will find it easier to do that without getting burned if you use a spoon to lower it into the oil.