50 gms Pork Mince
50 gms Chopped Onions
4 Garlic Cloves
1 Tablespoon Dried Flaked Chilli
1 Teaspoons Salt
1/2 Teaspoons Sugar
1 Teaspoon Shrimp Paste
3 Tablespoons Oil
100 gms Sticky Rice Flour
50 gms Rice Flour
2 Tablespoons Cassava Starch
50 ml Water
Water for Boiling
Cold Water for Cooling
1. Preheat oil in a frying pan.
2. In a blender, mix the pork mince, onion, salt, fish sauce, garlic, sugar, shrimp paste, and flaked chilli together. Blend to form a smooth mince.
3. Fry until cooked, then set aside to cool.
4. To make the rice dough, mix the rice flour, sticky rice flour and starch together. Add 50ml water and mix and knead until its smooth paste.
5. Take a small piece (about 30gms) of the dough, roll it into a ball and flatten in the palm of your hands.
6. Spoon some of the pork mixture into the centre, then fold up the edges and crimp it. If the dough sticks to your fingers, dust your hand with a little cassava starch.
7. To cook, boil a saucepan of water, drop the pork peaks into the pan. They only take a minute or two to cook, and will float up to the surface when cooked. Once cooked, remove and drop into cold water for a few seconds, then remove and allow to drain.