These are coconut biscuits topped with a slight crunch that comes also from coconut. They're very easy and quick to make, and one of my favorite biscuits.
240 gms Cake Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
110 gms Dessicated Coconut (Dried Coconut Shreds) (1)
195 gms Butter
190 Icing Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Ingredients for the Topping
40 gms Dessicated Coconut (2)
1. Sift the flour, and baking powder into a bowl, add the dessicated coconut (1) to this mix.
2. Place the butter into a food mixer, and blend till soft, add the icing sugar and blend again until the icing sugar is mixed completely with the butter, add the egg and blend on medium power until it's mixed in.
3. Now add the flour coconut mix, and blend until completely mixed.
4. Pinch off a piece of the dough, about half the size of a golf ball, dip it int the dessicated coconut (2) and place on a greased baking sheet. If you have a silicone non-stick baking sheet even better.
5. Take a fork and press them flat.
6. Bake in the middle of a pre-heated over, medium heat, 180 degrees Celsius until golden brown, which should be 12-15 minutes.