As promised the savoury yellow soy version of this Japanese snack, made with the salted yellow beans and salty egg yolks. Snacks like this are easy and simple to eat, and so are good for picnics, and lunch boxes.
120 gms Wheat flour
175 ml Condensed Milk
2 Tablespoon Fresh Butter
1/4 Teaaspoon Baking Soda
Drop of Vanilla Essence
100 gms Yellow Bean ( Soak Overnight )
125 Coconut Milk
1 Teaspoon Salt
50 gms Ground (Desiccated) Coconut
1 Salty Egg Yolk
1. Mix the flour and baking soda, add the butter and a little water. Mix and knead until the flour forms a dough.
2. Add the condensed milk, vanilla essence and continue mixing/kneading.
3. Leave the dough to rest for 5-10 minutes.
4. For the filling, steam the yellow beans for 15-20 minutes, I place them on foil and steam the foil parcel to do this.
5. Into a blender, blend the yellow beans and salt, add the coconut milk and ground coconut and blend a little more to mix them in.
6. Place this filling into a saucepan, and warm over a low heat, stirring continously until the mixture thickens and dries out.
7. Add the salty egg yolk, stir it into the mixture.
8. Leave to cool.
9. Now to assemble the snack, take the flour dough and roll it flat and thin. Cut round circles 5-7 cms diameter from the pastry.
10. Take a lump of the filling, place it in the centre of each circle and fold up the edges and crimp the top.
11. Place them on a greased baking sheet and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.