140 gms Wheat flour
100 gms Butter
40 gms Oil
120 gms Caster Sugar (Or blend Granulated to make the grains finer)
2 gms Bicarbonate of Soda
1. Mix the bicarbonate and wheat flour together.
2. Blend the butter, sugar and oil together, add the flour and blend to a fine crumb.
3. Grease a baking tray.
4. Press the mixture to form pastry. Press into cutter moulds, I used a round and a star shaped cutter and pressed the mixture into them.
5. Add a cashew to each biscuit.
6. Whisk the egg yolk and brush the tops of the biscuits with the yolk.
7. Bake at 180 degrees celsius until cooked (approximately 15-20 minutes).