These are some of the most flavorsome sausages you can eat, best of all, because you make them yourself, you can ensure only the best meat goes into them. In Thailand we make these wrapped in banana leaves, but you can also steam them in tinfoil like we've done here. They can be eaten hot or cold, when serving, its normal to cut them into slices.
500 gms Pork Mince
2 Tablespoon Pork Fat
1/2 Teaspoons Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Level Tablespoon Black Pepper
100 gms Crushed Ice
25 gms Garlic
A Food Processor/Blender
1. Put the pork mince and fat into the blender, add the garlic, sugar, salt and pepper and blend together until the meat is smooth.
2. Crush the ice, if you don't have an ice crusher, place it in a bag, wrap a towel around it and bash it with a rolling pin to break it up.
3. Add the cruched ice to the mix and blend it until the ice is thoroughly mixed into the pork. As the sausage cooks the ice crystals melts creating a spongy texture in the sausage.
4. Roll the pork into large sausage shapes, you may find it easier to put a large lump of the meat onto tinfoil and roll the foil around the sausage. They should be wrapped completely in the foil before steaming. If you can get banana leaves, roll them in those, and tie with twine.
5. Steam in a Chinese steamer for 20 minutes.