This dish uses Thai green winter melon, a non sweet melon with a more pithy texture than other varieties. It's sort of a pithy version of a cucumber. If you can't find it, use unripe courgettes instead.
Ingredients for 2 People
120 gms Chicken Breast
150 gms Thai Green Winter Melon
4 Red Chillies
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Tablespoon Chopped Lemon Grass
1 Tablespoon Chopped Galangal
4 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1 Tablespoons Chopped Coriander Leaves
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
250 ml Water
1 Tablespoon Oil
1. Pound the garlic together with the chilli, lemon grass and galangal.
2. Chop the chicken breast into bite sized pieces, and place in a saucepan together with the pounded ingredients.
3. Add the oil and fry in the saucepan over a medium heat until the chicken is half cooked.
4. Cut the melon in bite sized pieces.
5. Then add the water, melon pieces, fish sauce and sugar and simmer for 5 minutes longer before serving.
Thai Sticky Rice