Bami noodles are an easy to make homemade egg pasta. They you can make without a pasta machine, and because they are fresh noodles, they cook very quickly. I seasoned the duck with Thai Teriyaki power, the red seasoning powder that's available from Asian supermarkets, but you can also simply roast the duck and serve this dish with slices of roast duck.
Ingredients for Duck for 4 People
400 gms Duck Breast or Leg
2 Tablespoons Thai Teriyaki Powder
30 ml Water
Preparation for Duck
1. Mix the teriyaki with water and marinade the duck in this mix for at least 2 hours.
2. Grill the duck for 35 minutes at 170 degree Celsius until it's cooked.
3. Slice the duck, so that some of the skin and meat is in each slice.
Ingredients for Bami Noodles
200 gms Wheat Flour
4 Tablespoons Oil
Green Food Coloring
Preparation for Noodles
1. Mix the flour mix with the eggs and oil and knead it for 2 minutes to form a stiff dough. Add the food coloring and knead again until the color is well mixed into the dough.
2. Rest the dough for 5 minutes.
3. Roll it out using a rolling pin into a long thin strip about 12-14cms wide and as long as you can make it. I let the dough hang down over the kitchen table edge when I do this.
4. Dust it with flour to make sure it doesn't stick and roll up the strip into a sausage shape.
5. Slice thin slices off the end of the sausage.
6. Each slice is a rolled up noodle, you simply unroll the slices to finish making the noodle .
7. Place in boiling water for 3-5 minutes until just cooked, drain and set aside on a plate.
Ingredients for Soup
50 gms Pork Bone
50 gms Chicken Bone
6 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Head of Pickled Garlic
5 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
4 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon Black Peppercorns
20 gms Coriander Root
1.5 ltr Water
1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
1. Pound the garlic with the black peppercorns and coriander root until ground, then put into a saucepan with the water and bring to the boil.
2. Add the fish sauce, light soy sauce, salt, sugar, pickled garlic, and white pepper, and boil water on a high heat.
3. When the water is boiling add the pork bone and chicken bone and simmer for 1 hour.
4. When the soup is ready, serve it in a bowl, with some of the cooked noodles and slices of the duck ontop.
Dried Flaked Chillies