This should probably be in the Western Influence section because we only eat potatoes from western influences. This soup is made from mashed potatoes and a sauce and is one of my mothers favorite dishes.
6 Peeled Potatoes
Salt to Taste
1/3 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/3 Teaspoon Ground Aniseed
350 ml Milk
5 Tablespoons Butter
Preparation Mashed Potato
1. Place the potatoes in a saucepan of water. Boil until cooked.
2. Drain them, mash them and salt them to taste. (I don't think I have to explain how to make mashed potatoes to English people!).
3. Add the butter and milk and blend with a hand blender.
4. For this recipe you need mashed potatoes that are nearly liquid. So keep adding milk and blending until the potatoes are runny.
5. Season with the pepper and ground aniseed.
Ingedients For Gervi Sauce
300 ml Chicken Fat (From Roasting)
400 ml Chicken Stock
3 Tablespoons Wheat Flour
1/3 White Pepper
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Cream
Preparation For Sauce
1. Heat the chicken fat & stock in a pan mixed with the wheat flour.
2. Bring to the boil to form a thick sauce.
3. Remove from the heat, add the salt, pepper and cream and mix.
4. Put a scoop of potato in a bowl and pour the sauce over it.