Jog is a classic from the archive. Another variation of soft rice soup, this one is traditionally served with a very very soft boiled egg cracked onto the top, and fried shrimp. When you eat the soup, you break the yolk into the soft soup, and stir it in.
Ingredients for 2 People
100 gms Rice Semolina
500 ml Water
1 Chicken Stock Cube
1 Tablespoon Chopped Coriander Leaves
1 Tablespoon Chopped Celery
1 Teaspoon Ginger Powder
1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
1. Clean the shrimp, cut down the back and remove the black thread gut. I normally leave the head and tail on for presentation.
2. Fry the shrimp for 2 minutes until cooked.
3. Place the rice semolina, water and chicken stock cube into a saucepan and boil for 10 minutes.
4. Boil the egg until it's soft boiled. In Thailand we barely cook it and add it almost raw. The intention is to cook the egg by stirring it into the hot rice soup.
5. When it serve put the rice semolina soup in the boll plate add coriander, celary white pepper and shrimp in.
Dried Flaked Chillies
Chopped Spring Onions