We use many different types of tofu in Thai cooking, this soup uses, soft tofu, sometimes called silk tofu. Soft tofu is has more water and is not as firm as regular tofu, making it useful for desserts and soups but unsuitable for frying and stir-frys.
40 gms White Soft Tofu
50 gms Pork Mince
3-4 Shitake Mushrooms
400 ml Water
4 Cloves Garlic
1 Teaspoon Black Peppercorns
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoons Chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan.
2. Pound the garlic with the black peppercorns and add to the boiling water.
3. Spoon balls of the mince and drop the balls into the soup.
4. Add the light soy sauce, tofu, shitake mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Garnish with the chopped coriander when serving.
6. Another variation is to add a little rice before cooking to make a thicker soup.
Thai Fragrant Rice