Since I'm working in the Dim Sum section of a kitchen, I'll cover some of the Dim Sum recipes I haven't yet done. This one is known as 'Jade Dim Sum' for the green pea (or pea aubergine) in the top. It's made from shrimp and pork, and wrapped in green dim sum leaves to enhance the colour.
6 Sheets Green Dim Sum Pastry
50 gms Pork Mince
1 Tablespoon Coriander Leaves
1 Tablespoon Spring Onions
1 Teaspoon Pork Seasoning Powder (Ros Dee or similar)
6 Green Peas or Pea-aubergines
1. Shell the shrimp, cut down the back and remove the gut, chop into very small pieces.
2. Chop the spring onions and coriander leaves, again, very finely.
3. Mix the shrimp, chopped onion and leaves, seasoning powder and pork together.
4. Place a dollop in the center of the dim sum pastry and bring the edges up around it.
5. Place a pea in the center (a frozen pea is fine).
6. Take to steam for 10 minutes.