I'm working in the kitchen of a restaurant these days. I have hospital bills to pay from Liew's motorcycle accident and this blog makes barely enough money to pay for ingredients let alone any real bills! So on the down side, the food articles are few and far between as I'm busy, but on the plus side, I can show you some of the excellent food they sell at the restaurant I work in. Here I'm making a special dim-sum recipe, shrimp wrapped in pork and glass noodle.
50 gms Pork Mince
30 gms Carrot
5 Shitake Mushrooms ( Soak for 1 hour if dried)
20 g. Glass Noodles
6 Large Shrimp
2 Cloves Garlic
2 Coriander Roots (use leaves if you can't get the root)
1 Tablespoon Pepper
1 Tablespoon Pork Seasoning Powder (Ros Dee or similar)
1. Chop or blend the carrots into very tiny pieces.
2. Blend all the ingredients except the shrimp, together.
3. Clean the shrimp, remove the shell, leaving just the tail on, cut down the back and remove the gut, if there is a string black vein down the inside, remove that too.
4. Take a dollop of the mixture in your hands and press it around the shrimp leaving just the tail sticking out.
5. Steam for 10 minutes.
6. Serve with a dim sum dipping sauce (e.g. 50-50 mix light soy and white vinegar)