These little steamed wombats are made from pork, noodles, vegetables and baby sweet corn. If you stick the sweet corn tail out of the rear and put some green leaves at the head it looks like a little creature eating leaves, which makes it a little more fun to eat. They taste mainly of pork, but have lots of vegetables too, and are perfect for children.
Ingredients for Family
50 gms Pork Mince
20 gms Glass Noodle
6 Bady Corn
2 Tablespoons Chopped Carrot
2 Tablespoons Chopped Celery
1 Teaspoon Corn Flour
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1/4 Teaspoons Pepper
1. Mix the pork mince with the chopped carrot, celery and corn flour.
2. Cut the glass noodles into short lengths and add to the mixture.
3. Add the light soy sauce and pepper and mix it well.
4. Into a Chinese steamer place some cut squares of greaseproof paper, or tinfoil. The wombats will be steamed on these to prevent sticking.
5. Take a handful of the mixture and push a piece of baby corn into it.
6. Place it on the grease proof paper and steam for 10 minutes to cook.
Light Soy Sauce