This is a simple fried dish that's quick to make and easy to prepare. Typically served with fragrant rice, prepare all the ingredients carefully first including the rice, cook it quickly then serve and eat immediately. It originates from central Thailand and is medium hot.
Ingredient , For 2 People
300 gms Chicken
3 Tablespoons Oil
4 Cloves Garlic
5 Red Thai Chillies
1 Small Onion
2 Spring Onions
A Pinch of White Pepper
1 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
10 Basil leaves
Sliced tomatoes & sliced cucumber
1. Clean and slice chicken into small bite sized pieces.
2. Peel and chop garlic and chillies finely, an electric blender is best but hand chopping is sufficient.
3. Chop the onion into slices.
4. Chop the spring onion into short 2-3cm strips.
5. Put oil in the frying pan and put it on a high heat. The pan should be hot before adding the ingredients.
6. Fry garlic and chilli for a few seconds to bring out the smell of the garlic.
7. Add the chicken pieces, together with all the remaining ingredients except the basil.
8. Stir until the chicken is cooked, then take it off the heat.
9. Add the basil.
It is common in Thailand to add a fried egg, sunny side up, ontop of the dish.