This stir-fry dish includes glass noodles which adds bulk to the meal, making this one of the more filling stir-fry dishes possible. For this dish you will need pickled cabbage which can be obtained in cans from a Thai grocer. The cabbage is normally in small pieces, but you may need to cut it further for this recipe.
Ingredients for 2 People
100 gms Chicken Breast
50 gms Glass Noodle
50 gms Pickled Cabbage
4 Garlic Cloves
3 Big Red Chillies
2 Tablespoons Chopped Spring Onion
2 Tablespoons Chopped Coriander Leaves
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
2 Tablspoon Oyster Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
1/4 White Pepper
3 Tablespoons Oil
1. Soak the glass noodle in water for 10 minutes to soften them.
2. Chop the chicken breast into very small pieces, a consistency close to a course mince is what you're after.
3. Chop the garlic and chillies, fry in a medium hot pan with oil until the garlic smell is released.
4. Add the chicken and fry until the chicken is half cooked.
5. Chop the pickled cabbage into smaller pieces and add it to the pan, add the noodles.
6. Add the light soy sauce, oyster sauce, chopped spring onion, chopped coriander leaves, sugar and white pepper, and fry it for 1 minute to finish off the chicken.
Hot Thai Fragrant Rice