As part of beansprout day at cassa Khiewchanta, I made this stir fry from crunchy deep fried pork together with fresh grown bean sprouts. See the instructions below for how to grow the fresh bean sprouts. Serve this with Thai rice for best results.
Ingredients for 4 People
150 gms Soya Bean Sprouts
70 gms Fatty Pork With Rind
4 Garlic Cloves
1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
1 Teaspoon Sugar
2 Tablespoons Oil
30 ml Water
1. Boil a strip of the fatty pork in water for 5-10 minutes.
2. Remove it, dry it, and deep fry in hot oil, until it is very very crunchy.
3. Cut it into small pieces, each piece should be part meat and part cooked rind & fat.
4. Chop the garlic finely, fry in a frying pan with oil to release the smell of the garlic.
5. Add the chopped pork to the pan
6. Add the fish sauce, light soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, white pepper, water and soy bean shoots in and fry for 30 second.