Another way to use up left over pumpkin, this stir fry is made from fried crunchy pork with pumpkin. The pork adds crunch to contrast the pumpkin, while the pumpkin brings some sunshine into the dish.
Ingredients for 4 People
200 gms Pumpkin
100 gms Pork With Fat & Skin
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Tablespoon Sugar
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 Tablespoon Chopped Coriander Leaves
1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
1. Use a pork strips with plenty of fat and skin, clean it, boil it in water for 5 minutes, then deep fry it until it's very crunchy. Then chop it into small pieces.
2. Chop the pumpkin into a bite sized pieces.
3. Chop the garlic, fry in oil for a few seconds just to release the garlic smell. Add the egg and stir fry until the egg is half cooked.
4. Add the pumpkin, crunchy pork, fish sauce, light soy sauce, sugar, oyster sauce, and white pepper, and fry it until the pumpkin is cooked.
5. Remove from the heat and add the coriander leaves.
Cooked Thai Fragrant Rice