This is a common dish for Thai office workers, the reason is simple, it is widely available from street food stalls and can be cooked very quickly in a short lunch break. It is also quite spicy so its a great way to pep yourself up for the afternoon. Fried egg is sometimes look down on in the west, but its a staple of Thai cooking.
It originates from central Thailand, but can be bought everywhere, it is medium spicy.
200 gms pork meat
1 Tablespoon Light Soya sauce
1 Tablespoon Oyster Suace
1 Teaspoon Fish Sauce
1 Teaspoon Sugar
2 Tablespoon oil
A pinch of pepper
5 Bird chillis
5 Large red chilli
3 Garlic Cloves
5 Kaprow Basil leaves
1.Clean the pork meat and chop it into small bite sized pieces.
2 Slice the onion finely.
3. Peel and chop garlic and chilli until fine.
4. Fry garlic and chilli in hot pan with oil until the garlic aroma comes out.
5. Add the pork and fry it until cooked, add the onion and ingredients.
6. Add kaprow basil and a pinch of pepper.
7. Fry for a few minutes long until the onions are soft, then set aside on a serving dish.
7.Clean the pan and heat some more oil.
8. Fry the egg,the egg is usually served sunny side up.
Hot Thai Fragrant Rice
Cucumber and tomato slices