Liver is a strange thing, on the one hand people think it's something you throw away when preparing a chicken, on the other, they pay a high price for paté made from liver! This dish is a very tasty way to eat chicken livers and it's just another meat in Thailand.
Ingredients for 3 People
50 gms Chicken Liver
100 gms Fresh Spinach Leaves
4 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon White Pepper
3 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
3 Tablespoons Oil
300 ml Water
1. Boil water and salt in a pan then add the liver and cook for 3 minutes. Remove it and dry it.
2. Oil the frying pan, pound the garlic in a Thai mortar and put into the pan.
3. Add the liver and white pepper to the pan and fry for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
4. Clean the spinach, chop it into 4 cm lengths, then add to the pan with the liver.
5. Add the light soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar and fry it for a few seconds just to mix.