This is a side vegetable dish, suitable for accompanying a rice or meat dish. Sweet and sour frying is common all through Asia, for this dish the sour comes from vinegar and the sweet from the sweet chilli sauce. Naturally since this is Thai cuisine it has a little chilli in it too, but not much, this is not a spicy dish.
Ingredients for 2 People
100 gms Carrot
3 Mangetout, Long Green Bean or Wing Bean
75 gms Courgette
50 gms Onion
3 Garlic Cloves
1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce (use Soy Sauce if Vegetarian Dish)
1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
2 Tablespoons Sweet Chilli Sauce
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 Tablespoon Vinegar
1. Put oil into frying and pre-heat.
2. Chop the garlic add to the pan, fry it till the garlic smell comes out.
3. Chop the carrot, onion, mangetout, courgette, into small bite-sized pieces and add to the pan.
4. Add light soya sauce, fish sauce, sugar, white pepper, sweet chilli, oyster sauce and vinegar to the vegetables.
5. Stir fry it for 1 minutes then serve.
Hot Fragrant Rice