If you can get hold of premature chicken eggs, then this is an old style Thai way of eating them: boiled in fish sauce with chillies and dill. Like this the dill is eaten as a vegetable rather than a few strands for flavour. Use plenty of the fresh stalks.
150 gms Premature Eggs
1-2 Stalks Lemon Grass
5 Dried Chillies
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Red Onions
2 Tablespoons Old Fish Sauce
200 ml. Water
1 Spring Onion
Bunch of Lao Coriander (Dill)
1. Chop the lemon grass finely and pound in a mortar together with garlic, red onion and dry chillies to form a paste.
2. Rinse the Eggs in a little water to remove any unwanted contaminants.
3. Put in a pan add the pounded ingredients, turn the heat on and stir gently trying not to break the eggs for 30 seconds.
4. Add the water, old fish sauce and bring to the boil for 5 minutes to cook the eggs thoroughly.
5. Add chopped spring onion, and the chopped stalks of dill just to wilt them a little, then take off the heat.
6. Serve with rice.