This vegetarian spicy mushroom sandwich is a wonderful blend of Thai flavours bulked out with bread. It's both filling and tasty, and being vegetarian it's heathy too! Non vegetarians can also add fish sauce to strengthen the flavours even more.
Ingredients for 4 Sandwiches
8 Slices of Sandwich Bread
200 gms Mushrooms
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce (Or Fish Sauce)
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Pounded Toasted Rice
1 Tablespoon Dried Flaked Chillies
2 Tablespoons Chopped Coriander Leaves
2 Tablespoons Chopped Spring Onions
1 Tablespoon Oil
1. Clean and dry the mushrooms using kitchen paper. Fry them in oil for 2 minutes.
2. Remove from the frying pan and chop them finely, then put them back into the frying pan.
3. Add the soy sauce, flaked chillies, lemon juice, toasted rice, coriander leaves and spring onions.
4. Fry them for 2 minutes to form a fairly dry mixture.
5. Spoon the mixture onto sandwich bread and serve.