The Thai name for this dish means literally 'Steamed Long Time', it is silken tofu, shitake mushrooms, galangal and flavourings steamed on the plate to make a healthy vegetarian dish you can eat with rice.
200 gms Silken Tofu (Soft Tofu)
4-6 Shitake Mushrooms
50 gms Baby Corn
20 gms Chopped Galangal Root
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Sugar
2 Tablespoons Oil
Coriander Leaves to Garnish
1. Soak the shitake mushrooms in hot water for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oil in a frying pan, put the tofu in and fry until the tofu is browned.
3. Layout the tofu, shitake mushrooms, baby sweet corn, slices of galangal root on a flat plate, small enough to go into a steamer. For the photograph, I stacked the pieces, but it is better to lay them flat.
4. Mix the dark soy, light soy and sugar together and pour over the plate.
5. Steam for 20 minutes, remove the plate and garnish with coriander leaves.
Hot Fragrant Rice