A vegetarian dumpling with the bulk coming from the tofu, the flavour coming from soy sauce and peanuts and a nice texture coming from the beansprouts. I´m going to be making a lot of dim-sum style dishes like this in the following days.
1 Packet of Won Ton Skins (Thin pastry used for deep frying)
50 gms Tofu
100 gms Soya Beansprouts
1 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Crushed Peanut
1 Tablespoon Oil
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1. Chop the tofu into small cubed pieces.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan.
3. Fry the tofu cubes for 2 minutes, then add the beansprouts, light soya, sugar, crushed peanuts and salt. Fry for a further 30 seconds and leave to cool.
4. Take a won ton skin, add some of the fried tofu mix in the middle, fold up the edges and seal. A little water or egg helps seal the top.
5. Once you've used up all the fried mixture, steam the dumplings for 5 minutes.