This is an excellent and very tasty steamed egg omelette. It is cooked inside cups in a Chinese steamer, and when you serve it, you can either take it out of the cups (like we've done for the above photograph) or serve it inside the teacups. To remove it from the cup, place a circle of greaseproof paper in the base of the cup before cooking, this will make it easier to remove later. Then to remove it from the cup after it is cooked, run a knife around the edge and tip the cup upside down on a plate.
As a contrast, we normally eat this with a sauce made from mint coriander and chillies, however this is optional. If you are serving this as a side dish, you may prefer to omit it.
Ingredients for 2 People
1 Long Green Bean
1 Vegetable Stock Cube (you can also use Chicken Stock)
200 ml Water
1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
1. Boil the stock cube in the water to form a soup and leave it to cool.
2. Blend the eggs with the pepper in a food mixer.
3. Add the stock to the food mixer and blend again (with the eggs).
4. Chop the long bean, carrot, and onion into small fine pieces.
5. Add the vegetables to the egg mixture and divide evenly between the cups.
5. Steam for 20 minutes.
Ingredient For Sauce (Optional)
4 Cherry Tomatoes
2 Red Chillis
1 Tablespoon Vinegar
2 Tablespoon Oil
1 Sprig Coriander Leaves
1 Sprig Mint Leaves
Preparation for Sauce
1. Chop the cherry tomatoes, chillies, coriander, and mint, very finely.
2. Mix these with the oil and vinegar.