I'm tempted to create another category called 'Pies & Pasties', since I've made several recently! This pastie contains beansprouts, chicken and vegetables and is a nice way to eat Thai food in a falang way.
1 Packet of Puff Pastry or Make Your Own
200 gms Skinned Chicken Breast
100 gms Soya Beansprouts
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
A Pinch of Salt
1 Tablespoon Oil
1-2 Garlic Cloves
1. Chop the chicken breast and garlic together and fry with oil until the chicken is cooks and a little brown. This browing stage adds flavour.
2. Add the light soy, black pepper and stir fry for 30 seconds more.
3. Cut a circle of the puff pastry, spoon the fried filling into the middle, but be careful not to spoon any liquid or that will wet the pastry.
4. Add some beansprouts. Sprinkle a little salt on.
5. Fold over pastry into half, seal the edge with a little milk or egg and crimp. Brush the pasty with a milk.
6. Bake at 190 degrees celsius until the pasty is golden brown, this takes 30-40 minutes.