You've seen the sweet version of Kanom Tokyo before. There is also this savoury version in Thailand, which is a very simple dish of hotdog sausages wrapped in pancakes and served with sweet chilli sauce. After yesterdays complicated picnic box, I thought I do something a little simpler today.
100 gms Wheat Flour
3 Teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
4 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
4-5 Hot Dog Sausages (Smoked is best)
1. Mix Then wheat flour, milk, egg, salt, sugar and bicabonate Of soda together and blend for 1 minute.
2. Heat a saucepan, add a knob of butter and melt it, and pour in enough of the batter to make a pancake. For this we need pancakes the same size as the hotdog. Cooked on both sides.
3. Heat the hotdogs separately, in very hot brine.
4. Roll the pancakes around the sausage.
5. When I make these, I like to spread sweet chilli sauce over the pancakes as a sweet spicy layer, but when you buy them from street vendors, they usually serve the dipping sauce separately.