Thai muffins are steamed rather than baked and so tend to be softer & more moist. This dried fruit muffin is a typical Thai style muffin made with chopped dried fruits and raisins and scented with floral water, if you prefer you can substitute vanilla for the rose water.
200 gms Wheat Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Tablespoon Yeast
150 gms Sugar
110 ml Water
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
4 Tablespoons Condensed Milk
1 Teaspoon Rose Water
30 gms Dried Fruits (Cherry, Pineapple, Mango, Raisin etc.)
Metal Muffin Cups
1. Mix the flour with the baking soda.
2. Whip the eggs, sugar, yeast, and water together. The mixture should be creamy.
3. Add the flour and mix in until smooth.
4. Add the condensed milk, lemon juice, rose water and continue to mix.
5. Stir in the dried fruit.
6. Grease the muffin cups with a little butter or oil.
7. Spoon in the mixture.
8. Steam for 15 minutes in a Chinese steamer.