I have a small confession: this recipe was invented by MacDonalds in Thailand for their Thai customers. Thailand people eat mainly rice rather than bread and a burger with a bread bun isn't like their normal food. So MacDonalds invented the sticky rice burger, where the bun is replaced by as glutinous (sticky) rice patty. This recipe uses the same trick, if you are not familar with sticky rice, read the ingredients section of this site - you cannot use regular rice, and it must be prepared by steaming.
Ingredients for 4 Burgers
500 gms.Sticky Rice
500 gms. Minced Chicken
2 Teaspoons Salt
2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Corn
3 Garlic Cloves
3 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
1. Soak the sticky rice in water for 30 minutes ( 500 gms. sticky rice for water 1 ltr. )
2. After 30 minutes take the sticky rice and steam it for 30 minutes and leave it for a further 10 minutes to cool.
3. Pound the garlic and pepper corn, together and mix with chicken mince add salt, oyster sauce in and mix it up.
4. Mould the chicken mince into a hamburger shape and grill or fry it until cooked.
5. Mould sticky rice into flat round burger shapes, one for top and one for bottom.
6. Put the sticky rice and chicken burger together and put some salad vegetable in and sauce.
Make it as you would make a regular burger with all your favorite toppings.