It's called a sandwich, but the sauce is soaked into the bread and you may prefer to eat this with a knife and fork. A good wholemeal bread is better for this recipe, it has to stand up to the strong cinnamon flavours in the pork filling.
12 Slices Sandwich Bread
250 gms Pork With Fat and Skin
300 mls Water for Boiling
1/3 Teaspoon White Pepper
2 Teaspoons Salt
4 Boiled Eggs, Shelled
2 Tablespoons Dark Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Boil the water and salt. Slice the pork and put into the boiling water to cook for 5 minutes.
2. Remove the pork and chop into bite sized pieces, (keep the water).
3. Bring the water back to the boil and add all the remaining ingredients. Continue boiling until the sugar has dissolved.
4. Add the thin sliced pork again and simmer over a medium heat until the sauce has reduced and the sauce is thick. Stir the pork while it simmers to get it well coated in the sauce.
5. Make the sandwich filled with a layer of meat, a layer of sliced boiled egg and pour some of the sauce over the filling.